Let’s have a frank conversation.

Claims FAQ

Have questions about claims? We’ve got answers.

Whenever you have questions, we’ll have answers, or we’ll work hard to get them.

What is the claims fax number?

Frankenmuth Insurance claims fax number is 1-989-652-6231. Fax service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

If I’m in a car accident and my vehicle is damaged, do I need to get two estimates?

Generally, only one estimate is needed. If you are in Michigan or Ohio, estimates are not required if you select a Frankenmuth Auto Direct Repair Shop. You can take your car to an ADRP collision shop to begin repairs—getting you back on the road as soon as possible.

Does my deductible apply if my windshield is repaired from a stone chip?

Generally, no. The deductible on an auto claim only applies if the entire windshield is replaced. Please contact your agent with any questions.

Does my deductible apply to my Michigan Personal Injury Protection (PIP) medical benefits if I’m injured in a car accident?

A deductible may apply if you purchased a coordinated policy and one of the following occurs: You are on Medicare or Medicaid, your primary group health carrier is a self-funded qualifying ERISA plan, or your primary group health policy contains an auto claim exclusion.

If my home, business or vehicle is vandalized, or my personal property or vehicle is stolen, what should I do?

Please notify the police and contact us by filing a claim immediately.

If my home or business is damaged, what should I do?

Notify us by filing a claim.

If a tree falls on my home, does my homeowner’s policy provide any coverage?

Yes. We will pay to remove the tree from your home. Your policy also provides coverage for repairs to your home and limited coverage to remove the fallen trees from the premises. Please notify us by filing a home insurance claim immediately.

Does my homeowner’s deductible apply on every claim?

Yes. The deductible applies on a per claim basis. If multiple claims occur in a year, a deductible applies each time a separate claim takes place.

How do I report a workers compensation claim if I’m injured at work?

Please ask your employer to complete a report of injury form and notify us by filing a claim within 24 hours of the injury.

If I received workers compensation benefits, will I receive a W-2 form for these benefits?

No. Workers compensation benefits are nontaxable.

If I’m served with a lawsuit, what should I do?

Let us know by filing a claim immediately. We’ll review the lawsuit and your insurance policy, and then we’ll investigate to see if you’re covered.

How do I file a claim for a life policy?

If you need to file a claim, please contact your local, independent agent or our Life Service Center immediately at 1-844-847-0793.

I have reason to believe someone may be committing insurance fraud. What should I do?

If you think someone may be committing insurance fraud, please submit an anonymous tip so we can try to put a stop to it.